Strategic Objective: To promote peacebuilding through interfaith, intercultural, and interreligious dialogue initiatives and conflict prevention services in different communities of Africa.
The Fostering Community Engagement and Understanding Program strive to promote peace education, strengthen peacebuilding skills, and strengthen interfaith, intercultural, and interreligious dialogue in communities. The program will work with partners to support active and effective peacebuilding as well as interfaith, intercultural, and interreligious dialogue processes. This program will be implemented at the local, national, sub-regional, and international levels with the aim of contributing to conflict prevention, reconciliation, and peacebuilding through various program activities, in particular within the educational area. FIIDI’s institutional partnerships will help identify partners and strengthen its capacity to give early warnings when and where violence is imminent. Through this program, FIIDI plans to reach 5,000 community (religious & tribal) leaders and youth across Africa in the next five years.
Program interventions will be tailored to appropriate target groups and will include the following projects:
- Community Circles for interfaith Dialogue Project
- Sports for Peace Project
- Culture and Religion for Peace office Project
- The International Day for Victims of Religious Violence (22 August)
- Youth Democracy and Peacebuilding Project
- The Seed of Unity (Our National Anthem – Our National Pledge) Project
- International Day of Peace (21 September)
- International Day of Non-Violence (2 October)
- Community Adult Functional and Financial Literacy Project
- African Human Rights Day (21 October)